Free Project-based Consulting for Nonprofits
About the Program
The ComPlan Social Venture Consulting Program pairs talented MBA students with ComPlan. Member Organizations in semester-long project-based consulting partnerships. The program is designed to help entrepreneurial nonprofit startup organizations to increase their organizational capacity by providing them with direct access to free business consulting.
- Pairings last one school semester (three months)
- Applications are accepted in November (for spring program), and July (for fall programs)
- 8-10 nonprofits are selected each round
- Each nonprofit is paired with two or three students
- Pairings include biweekly meetings (phone or in-person, depending on nonprofit location) and 60-80 hours of consulting work (per project)
- Program is open to all registered US or Canadian nonprofits
Examples of past Social Venture Consulting Projects include:
- development of a strategic plan for an after school program
- creation a strategic marketing plan & refinement of financial statements for a clothing resale shop
- design of a financial management/donor tracking program for a human rights agency
- practical consulting experience
- the opportunity to give back
Advantages for Nonprofits:
- experienced business perspective
- a structured environment to complete a particular project
- 60-80 hours of in-kind consulting (valued at $150/hr)
The application period for the spring semester is now closed. Please check back in June to apply for the Fall semester. Membership is free to all U.S. 501(c)3 and Canadian registered charities.
Have a question about Free Project-based Consulting? Contact us.